[TYPO3] RealURL's are not generated on the fly

Svend Erik Volsgaard sv at es.aau.dk
Fri Feb 2 08:21:45 CET 2007

R. van Twisk wrote:

> That is odd, since realy url should take notice of the complet path
> (rootline).
> Unless you have the same page names of the same level it might be a
> problem,
> but even then realUrl will make sure the generated url will be unique.
>
> Can you give some examples of right and wrong?

It is a site from a university department http://es.aau.dk and on the
frontpage I have a link named Research
The different sections of the department also have a page named
Research. It is all part of the same tree in TYPO3, but I set the root
flag in a new template for every section to start the menu a new place
when a change to a sections website.
The problem is that RealURL generate a link es.aau.dk/research that
point to one of the researc pages below a section where the right path
would be
http://es.aau.dk/sections/multimedia_information_and_signal_processing_misp/research/

Then I clear RealURL and the next time it generate the link it is maybe
right or it point to another sections research page :-( so it is not
consistent.

The other problem is that I cant trigger the generation of RealURL so it
is hard to debug.

--
Mvh Svend Erik Volsgaard
KOM dataværksted