[TYPO3] use extension twice

freitag t.schoenbuchner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 13:12:54 CET 2007

bernd wilke schrieb:
> on Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:25:16 +0100, freitag wrote:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I´m trying to "clone" a running extension (nicosdirectory). What I did
>> is:
>
> bad idea :-(
>

>> - copied the folder + renamed it.
>> - created the needed tables in the database and changed every appearance
>>    of the old extension key to a new one.
>> - added the new folder/extension to typo3conf/localconf.php
>
> that does not make a new extension. this ended up in a lot of duplicate
> definitions. first of all: the extension-class. Having inside the
> extension-key which is used from var and by explicit usage (last week I
> had to rename a new(!) extension  (building with the kickstarter just a
> frame for a new table and the FE-plugin) because of misspelling the
> extension-key. that was a lot of work!
> I don't want to imagine the effort to rename a whole extension.
>
> there is the question: why do you need to duplicate the extension?
> normaly data is stored page-dependend. meaning: a new page = new records.
> and normaly the plugin can be configured individually for each page it is
> used. either in the content-record or in the typoscript.
>
>> If I install the new extension with the extension manager niosdirectory
>> unfortunately doesn´t output anything anymore. if i deinstall the new
>> extension nicosdirectory is working fine.
>>
>> can anybody imagine where these two extensions get in conflict?
>> (database query,...,installation,naming ?)
>>
>> the only error message for the new extension is an naming error within
>> the extansion manager. maybe that´s the reason?
>>
>> thanks a million for your help,
>>
>> freitag
>
> Bernd

hi bernd,

thanks a lot for your help! it seems the whole thing isn´t that easy!
Or in other words really a bad idea! Do you know if it´s possible to
build a new extension based on an existing with the extension
kickstarter? i never used it before.

maybe its much easier to take a similar extension like nicosdirectory
and change this for my needs. (the third way extending nicosdirectory
for two funktionalities seems to be very hard, and a lot of php
programming).

thanks a lot for your help + happy new year!

freitag