[TYPO3] use extension twice

freitag t.schoenbuchner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 01:25:16 CET 2007

Hi List,

I´m trying to "clone" a running extension (nicosdirectory).
What I did is:

- copied the folder + renamed it.
- created the needed tables in the database and changed every appearance
   of the old extension key to a new one.

- added the new folder/extension to typo3conf/localconf.php

If I install the new extension with the extension manager niosdirectory
unfortunately doesn´t output anything anymore. if i deinstall the new
extension nicosdirectory is working fine.

can anybody imagine where these two extensions get in conflict?
(database query,...,installation,naming ?)

the only error message for the new extension is an naming error within
the extansion manager. maybe that´s the reason?

thanks a million for your help,

freitag