[TYPO3] tt_news: RSS with image possible?

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sat Dec 29 12:38:51 CET 2007

Hi,

You need to look at the TypoScript for the RSS feed.

> 1. The decription is cut of a around 100 characters. Can I change
> this?

The default TS contains the following line:

plugin.tt_news.displayXML.subheader_stdWrap.crop = 100 | ... | 1

Exactly 100 characters :-)

> 2. All my news have a related image but it is not showing in the RSS
> feed. Can I somehow acheive this?

That one I don't know, I've never tried that myself, but I would say
the first step is to modify the template for the RSS feed. For RSS
2.0, the default template is in EXT:tt_news/res/rss_2.tmpl. You
should try adding an image marker (###NEWS_IMAGE###) there and see
what happens.

HTH

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: support at cobweb.ch
web solutions for professionnal requirements