[TYPO3] Extension Static Templates - Best practice

Darko Jr. Gonzalez jkokino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 19:05:54 CET 2007

Heya folks

Have one question, been thinking for awhile, I am not sure whats the
best practice, neither I found any document with examples and etc. I
know it varies and depends on the situation but..
For example: Lets say I have 10 extensions and in-order to function
properly requires that I select it's static template and attach to root
of the website or create an extension template.
My question is: Is it better to always create an extension template and
select it's static template there or not? I can see that this is really
valid if I use pretty much all of these ten extensions on 2-3 pages =>
each extension appearing only on 2-3 pages and I have >100 pages,
therefore I can create extension templates on these pages individually.
The better situations is if these pages are part of a single node and
then I create an extension template on the root of the node. It brings
load on other pages down for sure, I am not sure if there is other load
involved like processing load (?) - but then TYPO3 caches pages so there
is no load after the first generation of each page.
I would like just to open a discussion and hear your comments

Thanks

Merry Christmas

Regards,
Darko