[TYPO3] Specific FE user menu alternative

Fatih Dikme fatih at duryas.com
Fri Dec 21 14:55:04 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm developing a community-like site, where one user account can be
linked to administrate several profile pages.

What I want is basically to check if the currently logged in user has
these administration rights for the profile he's currently viewing - and
if he does - display an alternative in the submenu for that profile
(something like "Edit this profile").

I'm guessing this could (and should?) be done by some "TSConfig hacking"
for that specific menu alternative (that's hidden for everyone but the
user that has admin rights for the current viewed profile).

Could any of you guys help me out?

Regards,

Fatih