[TYPO3] alt_menu.php and javascript error

Geir Berglund geirb at iheroy.no
Fri Dec 21 12:59:26 CET 2007

After installing a module (probably ICS AWSTATS) I got a small but
irritating problem.  When I log in to the backend the left menu does not
work.  I can click on items but noting happens.  Firefox (2.0.0.11) does
not come up with a error.  But if I log out and log in again in the same
browser window, everything i ok.  If I do the same in IE7 it reports a
javascript error in alt_menu.php.  If I try it in Konqueror the same
javascript error comes up with the following error message:

Value undefined ( result of expression
top.restoreHighlightedModuleMenuItem) is not an object. Cannot be called.

What is wrong, and what can I do aobut it?

I have tried to uninstall awstats and other modules, with no success.

Geir Berglund