[TYPO3] upgrade to 4.1.5 issues

Thomas Bolioli tpblists at terranovum.com
Thu Dec 20 18:12:22 CET 2007

Bernd Wilke wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>
> Other thing coming to mind:
>
> * have you a complete TYPO3-source? maybe some files are broken?

Yes, I re-unpacked it and it still happens.
> * can you connect to the mysql-server at all?
> 	(page 1:Basic Configuration)

Yes, the site is up and running and working fine save the issue with FE
users unable to login.
> * any output if you enable sqlDebug?
> 	(page 5:All Configuration)
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['sqlDebug'] = '1';

Nope and it is enabled. See one of my other posts where I explain that
there is no output at all, including to logs.
> * have you enabled PHP-error-output at all?
> 	(page 5:All Configuration)
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[SYS][displayErrors] = 1

Yes, it is.
> * what is your mysql-host?
> someone told me: localhost might not always be 127.0.0.1

lh is 127.... on my system and the DSN is fine for the site since the
site is up and working fine.
> at last I would try to locate the source-position, where the script
> stopped.
> Analyzing Sources is hard work :-(, but you can learn a lot! :-)

Absent log entries, where do I begin? I am not familiar with the
internals to even know where to try and get some info out. What I really
think is happening is the database needs updating and I can't do that
through the install tool. My original question to this list was, how do
I do the db update without using the install tool? Is there some libs
that I can write a small wrapper around and run it from the cl? Is there
a cl util that already exists for this purpose? With knowledge of where
those libs are and roughly how to run them, I will write my own but I
need a starting point.