[TYPO3] upgrade to 4.1.5 issues

Thomas Bolioli tpblists at terranovum.com
Thu Dec 20 16:05:03 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thomas Bolioli wrote:
>
>> Getting access to the db analyzer through the install tool is the thing
>> that I am having issues with. I need a way through a cmdline util or
>> some other way to run that compare and update. Or some friggn' clue as
>> to why the install tool does not even register an access to the analyzer
>> or the cleanup util when you click on the link. No error, no access in
>> the logs, just a hang.
>>

> If you do not have access log entries, it usually means that request did not reach web server at all. It did  not come to TYPO3, PHP and Apache at all. So there is something in your network connection (extra clever firewall?) that prevents access.

It is making it. I can run the install tool and do a few things, it is
just the DB analyzer and the db cleanup tool that are unreachable. And
apache does not write log entries until very late in the
request->response chain. See
http://www.stanford.edu/services/webauth/manual/developer/request.html
and http://www.modperlcookbook.org/chapters/part3.pdf (page 2 has a good
picture).
No, this is definitely getting there (I am on the local network) but it
is failing during the request stage somewhere but the failure is a
massive loop of some kind because the request mechanism is never exiting
(with either an error or sucess) to allow for a resolution that can then
make it into the logs.
Tom