[TYPO3] upgrade to 4.1.5 issues

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Dec 19 09:26:52 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Thomas Bolioli wrote:
>> Getting access to the db analyzer through the install tool is the
>> thing that I am having issues with. I need a way through a cmdline
>> util or some other way to run that compare and update. Or some friggn'
>> clue as to why the install tool does not even register an access to
>> the analyzer or the cleanup util when you click on the link. No error,
>> no access in the logs, just a hang.
>
> If you do not have access log entries, it usually means that request did
> not reach web server at all. It did  not come to TYPO3, PHP and Apache
> at all. So there is something in your network connection (extra clever
> firewall?) that prevents access.

Other thing coming to mind:

* have you a complete TYPO3-source? maybe some files are broken?

* can you connect to the mysql-server at all?
	(page 1:Basic Configuration)

* any output if you enable sqlDebug?
	(page 5:All Configuration)
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['sqlDebug'] = '1';

* have you enabled PHP-error-output at all?
	(page 5:All Configuration)
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[SYS][displayErrors] = 1

* what is your mysql-host?
someone told me: localhost might not always be 127.0.0.1

at last I would try to locate the source-position, where the script
stopped.
Analyzing Sources is hard work :-(, but you can learn a lot! :-)

Bernd