[TYPO3] Table Cells and <p> Tags - NEED HELP!

Timothy Patterson tjpatter at svsu.edu
Tue Dec 18 21:48:30 CET 2007

Has anyone figured out a reliable way to stop the auto-generated <p>
tags inside of table cells but still allow manually entered <p> tags to
exist in them?

There are instances on my web site where a <p> tag inside of a table
cell makes sense, however I do not want Typo3 putting them there for me.
  It isn't semantically correct.

I have tried the following TS:

lib.parseFunc_RTE.table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.p = 1
lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.table.HTMLtableCells.default >
lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.table.HTMLtableCells.default.stdWrap.parseFunc
=< lib.parseFunc

The above works, however it does not play well with nested tables...  So
close but yet so far.  Any ideas?  Getting borderline upset with this!