[TYPO3] anti-spam measures: converting mailto links into links to a contact form

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:37:38 CET 2007

James Knuckey schrieb:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 03:31:06 +1300, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]
> <dmitry at typo3.org> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> James Knuckey wrote:
>>> Doesn't that make it impossible to send mail for a
>>> javascript-not-enabled user? I know, that's pretty rare these days...
>>> I'm also a bit concerned that most of the search hits I get for
>>> config.spamProtectEmailAddresses are from the bugtracker...
>>
>> Because it is too simple to write anything about it :) Personally I
>> never had any trouble with it.
>>
>>> I just thought a contact form would be an elegant solution - except I'm
>>> having trouble getting it to work.
>>
>> You may want to search TER for corresponding plugin. May be something
>> exists...
>>
> There is this one
>
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/bit_emailtoform/1.0.0/
>
> ...but it doesn't quite do what I'm after. It's nice, but what I need is
> a way to link to a contact form with a dynamic recipient list, with the
> recipient selected.
>
> I'd be quite happy to replace all the email links with links to a
> contact page myself then disable email links.
>
> The bit that's bothering me at the moment is how to link to the contact
> page so that the recipient is selected depending on the link?
>
> index.php?id=contact&sendto=this
>
> What to put? I've tried many combinations...
>
> ...I don't really want to make a seperate contact page so that each
> recipient can appear as default on each page or something. Just one page
> where the user can choose the recipient from the dropdown, and it's
> pre-selected depending on the link pointing to it.
>
> Am I asking too much? :(

I think it is trickier than on first sight.
if you won't show the real email-addresses (harvesters!) you have to
'translate' them, either direct in the form (this means: knowing the
mechanism anyone can use your form to send SPAM) or having a table with
indexes. the last may be given with fe_users or tt_address (use the uid
and name in the form to select the email for receiving mail)

this means a editor has to know the uid of the fe_user/tt_address-record
-uid to make a link to the contact-form for preselection.
no automatism to insert an email in content and build a link to contactform.

I think if you want it completly automatically you have to change
TYPO3-core in a very heavy way.
collecting emails from content and build an own table for this
'translation', then, on sending mail, you have to search in these
records for the email.

Bernd