[TYPO3] Indexed search returning deleted news

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Dec 17 14:12:22 CET 2007

Hi,

> I have a worry with the indexed search engine. In a web site of
> mine, the search results return news items that are marked as
> deleted. Has anyone observer a similar behavior? Is it due to the
> fact that I am using the crawler and not the front-end indexing?

Situation update after searching a bit more. The crawler indexes
everything except deleted records. This means that records that are
deleted *after* the crawler has already indexed them stay in the
indexed search cache. The fact that such deleted records are
displayed would hint at the indexed search engine not filtering on
the delete status when displaying search results. This is unexpected
as it does filter, for example, on user groups AFAIK.

I couldn't find where such filtering happens. Could someone point me
to the right piece of code?

Thanks

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: support at cobweb.ch
web solutions for professionnal requirements