[TYPO3] anti-spam measures: converting mailto links into links to a contact form

James Knuckey james.faction at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 00:32:33 CET 2007

Hi there,

I want to avoid having any mailto: links on the website, for the obvious
reason: to obscure email addresses and prevent spam.

  However I want our people to be able to add them in content to make it
easy on those who will be adding and editing content. So, I need a
solution that will replace mailto links with a redirect to our contact us
page (currently using a tmailfom plugin), with the recipient in the "Send
to" field.

To break this down... Firstly, I need to replace links such as these:

with something like this:

- the domain is not needed because ALL mailto links will be to the one
domain. I know this can be done with typoscript, but how??

...Secondly, I need to figure out how the URL should be formed so that it
goes to our "contact us" page so that the relevant recipient appears in
the "Send to" field. I've had a read of the tmailform manual to figure out
how I can form URLs to select a recipient.

I'm guessing here that I will need to tell content editors that they need
to add this recipient to the list of recipients on the tmailform content
element. That's fine, most of the mailto links will be to a set list of
recipients anyway.

This would seem to me to be a fairly standard setup... Can anyone on this
list who has such a setup paste some code here? I would be most grateful!

Regards,
James