[TYPO3] CONTENT - remove all CSS styles inside

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Sun Dec 16 17:58:11 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm sorry but this is all getting ridiculous really!! Going back to your
questions...

 > It is intended for a page, where on the beginning should be a image,
which
 > has to be placed as a content element on page.  So far, so good, it
works,
 > but I would like to know, how to remove the CSS styles from this object,
 > please? TYPO3 adds lot of CSS overhead, but I do already have my own
styles
 > on the page and for this particular image(s), I reallly don't need
the style
 > wrapper :((.

When you have CONTENT item(s) they will by default render according to
tt_content, but you can define how it gets rendered. Simply use TS and
render the image as you wish without the additional markup. For instance
import the rendering of image type content using this line:

subparts.CONTENT_STORY_IMAGE.renderObj < tt_content.image

and then using the TSOB simply remove the unneeded wrapping for things.

 > Btw. I really don't understand the concept, why Typo3 and all of the
plugins
 > have own styles, and where can I redefine the styles or even remove some
 > unwanted formatting...

So they work acceptably out of the box without us all having to write a
bunch of CSS everytime we set up a site. Most of the time I've alreday
set up a base CSS file that handles many of those things and I just
ignore or turn of the additional CSS out put by T3.

 > So if you may have any good article about CSS styles in TYPO3, how to
remove
 > or edit them and how to clean-up the site, just let me know, please!

Use the TSOB and start to look at how things are done, and then you'll
quickly see how to remove all the unneeded classes that you don't want.

Just my 2p.

hth
Ty