[TYPO3] UTF-8 and STATIC_LANGUAGES/sr_language/menu

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Dec 16 11:25:56 CET 2007

Hi,

> First, where is this table and why doesn't it get dumped when I do a
> "mysqldump"?

The table is part of the static_info_tables extension. The structure
of the tables and the data to fill them is contained in the file
"ext_tables_static+adt.sql".

> Second, I am guessing now that I am reading my Typo3 database as
> UTF-8, and
> this table is not encoded in UTF-8, that is why everything is
> jibberish.

If you load that table into a properly configure MySQL database, it
should come up correctly. One thing you can try is reload the static
table's data by going into the Install Tool, then Database Analyzer.
There you have a function for updating static tables.

> Does anyone know how to get this table encoded and/or sr_language_menu
> displaying the language names correctly?  Even if I add the language
> "Spanish", the system_languages table is used to create the
> language menu,
> in which instead "Espanol" with a tilde over the "n", it gives me
> "Español"

sr_language_menu should work fine once your database is correct. I
have made tries with Japanese, for example, and correctly displayed
the corresponding kanjis using sr_language_menu.

HTH

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: support at cobweb.ch
web solutions for professionnal requirements