[TYPO3] Complicated documentation? No reference guide? Do you know any good documentation?

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 14 11:41:34 CET 2007

Hi Christopher

> Well, I never claimed it was for total beginners, but honestly, I don't
> think it's over the head of anyone who's successfully used
> TYPO3/typoscript/html/css to build one or more sites.

:) I meant no offense .. but to give you an idea, I have been using Typo3
for 2 years to build one site, which I have just 1 month ago launched!

It uses TV, Timtab, and a highly customised DR Wiki, which I had to pay
someone to code for me (thank you Jan Bednarik :)) - without him, I would
still be struggling with the nav I wanted.

The site uses lib.myObjects for most things dynamic.

I also use cobweb_phpAdsNew.

The newer html templates are highly optimised and accessible (ie, they use
reasonably advanced css, no tables ... I lie ... only 1 or 2 non-nested
tables :) )

And I still have no idea about anything code-wise. Nothing makes any sense,
I just copy snippets, ask questions, get some of the answer ... play a while
... ask some coder friends ... play a while ... paste a few snippets
together, and then usually give up (after a month or so, working 40-60 hours
a week) and either bug Dmitry until he solves my problem ( :) ), or pay
someone to get me out of a hole.

I reckon I worked for 3 months every day on my nav problems for DR wiki,
before I gave up (when I had the cash) and paid Jan to do it for me.

I just do not absorb code. And, as I said another time recently, I have been
trying since I was 10 ... that makes 26 years of attempting to code and
failing :). I have succeeded with LOGO ... html ... css ...and I am starting
to understand MySql after about 5 years of playing with it ...and that is
it. I cannot for the life of me "get" the exact logic required for pascal,
C, php, java, javascript ... or typoscript :)

So I am afraid that I just debunked your theory! :)

Cate Deans Smith