[TYPO3] Complicated documentation? No reference guide? Do you know any good documentation?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 10:09:11 CET 2007

Cate & Peter wrote:

<snip>

> TSRef is handy ... but only if you have a starting point, when you are
> learning. I usually try to find some code that nearly does what I want, and
> look to see how to tweak it.
>
> And Christopher, regarding your article...
>
>> For this reason, I wrote the following article about using the
>> TSref--have a look and if you (or other readers of this thread) have any
>> suggestions for additions or  changes, please let me know:
>
> I had a look at it ... but honestly, for me, it went straight over the top.
> All the jargon that I don't understand in the TSRef is all there in the
> article, and so I still don't understand it. I think maybe you are a 4th
> year apprentice and ready to become a tradesman, while I still have to pass
> my entrance exams :)

<snip>

Well, I never claimed it was for total beginners, but honestly, I don't
think it's over the head of anyone who's successfully used
TYPO3/typoscript/html/css to build one or more sites.

Besides that, the first page introduces the language a bit without
expecting to teach much but generalities...but after that there are
three (long!) additional pages of (short!) TS-By-Example like how-tos,
all aiming at the completion of a single project.

However, you did remind me to finally do something I'd previously meant
to do but which I'd forgotten: add a link to the next section at the
bottom of each page.

As for 'jargon' and whatnot, if you have specific suggestions, send
them. I'll try to incorporate them :-)

Christopher Torgalson / bedlamhotel at gmail.com