[TYPO3] indexed search "indexing configuration"

James Knuckey james.faction at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 22:13:33 CET 2007

Thank you for this! This solved my problem! Well, one of them at least...
I was not sure how to use the configuration of indexed_search

( http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/doc_indexed_search/2.10.0/view/1/5/
)

- your example shows me I need to put "plugin.tx_indexedsearch." in front
of any config I want to set. Thank you!

I have a question now... I have set
plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList correctly, now I get results
 from the whole site... however it is searching the whole page and
returning results on the menus as well as the page content. This is a
disaster, since if I search for "first aid", one of the top-level HMENU
items that appears on every page of the website via template, every page
of the website shows up in the results!

I want to search the content-elements on the page + page titles, subtitles
and abstracts, not HMENU items and the like. How can I stop it doing this?
I can't find anything in the config page that helps.

Regards,
James