[TYPO3] xml feed firts line empty and Firefox crashes

Jeroen Visser jeroen at roquin.nl
Thu Dec 13 09:44:38 CET 2007

Hi all,
The RSS feed of my tt_news generates the news.xml but creates the file with the first line empty and the output starts at line 2.
IE doesn't seem to care about it. Also my feedreader has no problem with it.
Firefox spits the following message:

XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
Location: http://www.mydomain.nl/news.xml
Line Number 2, Column 1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
^

The code that generates the xml realy starts at line 1. Did someone had this problem also?
I am looking forward to some reactions.

Kind regards,
Jeroen