[TYPO3] tt_news related news styling

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Thu Dec 13 07:04:52 CET 2007

Lamb, Brian wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to add additional styles to the related news on a tt_news
> page with display single. By default, the related news displays
> something like the following:
>
> Related News:

> All I would like to display is the link. How can I get typo3 to only
> display the link and not the icon or the date?

I believe this can only be achieved through TypoScript.

Here's what I have in my own TS template. I removed the image path with
"file = " and time with "strftime = ".

# Settings for Related News
#######################################
# icon for related news
tmp.5 = IMAGE
tmp.5 {
file =
wrap =
}

# end-wrap for the getRelated objects
tmp.20 = TEXT
tmp.20 {
field =
strftime =
wrap =
}

The original TypoScript values controlling tt_news can be found in
static/ts_new/setup.txt. All you need to do is "over ride" these default
values using your own TypoScript template.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/tt_news/2.5.0/info/static%252Fts_new%252Fsetup.txt/

Greg

----
Mediatech Consulting, Inc.