[TYPO3] Backup / restore problem with Typo3

joel zimmerli baden32 at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 12 23:41:20 CET 2007

My website handled by Typo3 (4.1.2) is hosted on a Suse 10.2 server with Plesk 8.2. In order to test my config, I tried to make a complet backup / restore process (at the OS level) for all my datas (files, website cinfig and database).

Plesk is providing such tools (plesbackup and pleskrestore) it save and restore everything.

Backup and restore were done and everything seems to be ok. Direcories, datas and using phpmyadmin, I can see database is ok.

... unfortunately, the website is not working:

1. in BE, the list of the installed extensions is not up to date
2. all the pictures inserted in webpages are displayed in their big size (however, I defined a smaller width)
3. I can see in file error_log entries saying that some PHP files cannot be found (especially for real URL) but all these files exist

I realy don't understand why I get such situation. Is that access rights related probleem? Something already known?

Thank you in advance for your help.