[TYPO3] different dynamic menus on the same page - possible?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Dec 12 17:53:07 CET 2007

Patrick Rodacker schrieb:
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote on 12.12.2007 16:34:
>> Patrick Rodacker schrieb:
>>> Hi Tomasz,

>>> yes!
>> Oh, that's great. Any hints on how to do it then?
>
> depending on your template approach [1][2][3] you need to write some
> TYPOScript code for the different menues so you can use them by your
> templating mechanism.
>
> Have a look at the object HMENU and the special attribute in TSRef [4]
> to assign certain pages to a menu object.

(...)

> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/8/11/#id3651051

Yes, that was it - ".special = directory" was what I was looking for.

Now I'm able to render a dynamic menu out of any part of the tree... but
only the first menu defined renders. Perhaps I make a stupid mistake -
but I can't figure out where. Am I overriding one menu with another? Where?

These are my TOP and BOTTOM menus - they are essentially the same, only
special.value.<MENU>.special.value differs. With this sequence (TOPMENU
first, BOTTOMMENU second) only TOPMENU renders. If I switch them
(BOTTOMMENU first), only BOTTOMMENU renders.

What did I miss here?

subparts.TOPMENU = HMENU
subparts.TOPMENU.special = directory
subparts.TOPMENU.special.value = 2