[TYPO3] HELP! Losing hair. Was: Can't have different NOs with different types/heights in GMENU?

Peter typo3 at peter-b.org
Tue Dec 11 11:17:31 CET 2007

Well as usual real life intervened in tech life in the shape of moving
house and real work, so it's taken me a while to get around to this, but...

After much wrangling I realised that I was just not going to get it to
work the way I wanted - various TS options that I was using (perhaps
inappropriately) to produce a prety round-cornered popup menu fell
somewhere in-between the two methods so I shuffled a whole load of stuff
out of TS and into CSS and ended up with (note that this is a cut-down
version - the meat of the problem - with bogus libs/fields/values for
readability).....

lib.mainNav.2 {
   itemArrayProcFunc = mylib->myfunc
   IProcFunc = mylib->myfunc2
   NO = 1
   NO {
     XY = [10.w]+30,25 |*| [10.w]+30,20 |*| [10.w]+30,25
     ATagTitle.field = subtitle // title
     ATagBeforeWrap = 1
     allWrap.cObject = COA
     allWrap.cObject {
       10 = TEXT
       10.value = <span class="subNavItem"> | </span>
       10.if {
         value.field = myfield
         equals = myvalue
         negate = 1
       }
       20 = TEXT
       20.value = <span class="subNavImage"> | </span>
       20.if {
         value.field = myfield
         equals = myvalue
       }
     }
     10 = TEXT
     10 {
       text.field = title
     }
     altImgResource {
       import.cObject = COA
       import.cObject {
         10 = IMG_RESOURCE
         10 {
           file = GIFBUILDER
           file {
             XY = 210,210
             10 = IMAGE
             10.file {
               import.field = myimage
               maxW = 200
               maxH = 200
             }
             10.align = c,c
           }
           stdWrap.if {
             value.field = myfield
             equals = myvalue
           }
         }
       }
     }
   }
}

which is pretty much what Joey suggested - thanks Joey!