[TYPO3] realurl and (R)

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Mon Dec 10 16:47:04 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

I just sumbled again over this one.

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:

> Bartosz Aninowski wrote:
>> Simple question.
>> How can I prevent rewriting (R) symbol into R.
>> Let me give you an example:
>> This is the name of my product
>> QuickCamR Pro 9000
>> and this is url
>> quickcamR-pro-9000.html
>> I don't want this R in url.
>
> You can change page type to advanced and specify RealURL path segment
> manually. Otherwise title generation procedure is standard and you
> cannot change it.

Well there is another problem with this uppercase letter in pagepath,
because the path parts are converted to lowercase for the sql query:

$copy_pathParts[$key] = $GLOBALS['TSFE']->csConvObj->conv_case($charset,
$value, 'toLower');

since the md5 value of the path in lowercase differs from the path with
uppercase character (which is in DB) the path is not found!

This can easily be solved by changing the regexp in encodeTitle function:

-		$processedTitle = ereg_replace('[^a-zA-Z0-9\\' . $space . ']', '',
$processedTitle); // strip the rest

+		$processedTitle = ereg_replace('[^a-z0-9\\' . $space . ']', '',
$processedTitle); // strip the rest

Since only lowercase characters are allowed, uppercase chars must be
removed!

See: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6920

--
lib.salutation = TEXT
lib.salutation.value = Kind regards, Helmut