[TYPO3] anchor tags

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 10 04:38:28 CET 2007

Hi Tyler

> > *eyes glazing over again .... * OOPS ... sorry ... I tell you, coding
talk
> > just goes in one ear and out the other ... or in this case, eye :)
>
> Most days that's how I feel when dealing with designers!
>
> (If your a designer its not a personal comment, just a exasperated
> comment a bad designer I'm working with ;-) )
I'm not ... well, I "design" but I am no artist - my designs tend to be very
simple geometric things... blocks of colour, usually the concept pinched and
adapted to suit my needs :)

> > If you just put 'id="something"' into a div--you're probably doing
> >> this anyway for CSS purposes--you do NOT need anything like '<a
> >> name="something"></a>' to link to. Try it with just the ID attribute.
> >
> > Will do - thanks for the tip. Is it just personal taste, or is there a
> > technical benefit doing it this way.
>
> It just reduces needless markup - making the html neater and also more
> succinct. Its mainly good for things like "jump to content links" or
> "back to top" links which are effectively static links to constant parts
> in the template (which more often than not will have an ID used for css
> layout reasons), and therefore you don't need an additional mark or
> anchor to jump to it. Hope that made sense ;-)
>
> hth
Yeah, I get it - only I have been lazy, and just use class for everything :)
cuts down on having to think about it :) oh well ... I can go back and alter
it, if I feel like it ... or just have messy code :)

> > I do not have a great brain for coding (or for accounting,
> > but that is a different topic). I have a great brain for calculating,
but
> > for some reason it never carried over into code, even though I have been
> > playing with it since I was 10 years old, and even did a year at uni.
>
> How odd! Maths (logic like accounting/coding) and calculating - they
> kind of go hand in hand tbh...

You would think so - I think it is more a general impatience for anything
too precise and problem solving, as much as an incapability - I just can't
be bothered with the finer details. Close enough is good enough for me ..
and in coding that doesn't work very well :)

Thanks for the explanation.

Cate