[TYPO3] anchor tags

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 15:33:06 CET 2007

Hi,

> *eyes glazing over again .... * OOPS ... sorry ... I tell you, coding talk
> just goes in one ear and out the other ... or in this case, eye :)

Most days that's how I feel when dealing with designers!

(If your a designer its not a personal comment, just a exasperated
comment a bad designer I'm working with ;-) )

> If you just put 'id="something"' into a div--you're probably doing
>> this anyway for CSS purposes--you do NOT need anything like '<a
>> name="something"></a>' to link to. Try it with just the ID attribute.
>
> Will do - thanks for the tip. Is it just personal taste, or is there a
> technical benefit doing it this way.

It just reduces needless markup - making the html neater and also more
succinct. Its mainly good for things like "jump to content links" or
"back to top" links which are effectively static links to constant parts
in the template (which more often than not will have an ID used for css
layout reasons), and therefore you don't need an additional mark or
anchor to jump to it. Hope that made sense ;-)

hth

> I do not have a great brain for coding (or for accounting,
> but that is a different topic). I have a great brain for calculating, but
> for some reason it never carried over into code, even though I have been
> playing with it since I was 10 years old, and even did a year at uni.

How odd! Maths (logic like accounting/coding) and calculating - they
kind of go hand in hand tbh...