[TYPO3] Filemounts from groups in custom workspace - conceptual error?

Patrick Rodacker patrick.rodacker at the-reflection.de
Thu Dec 6 14:55:22 CET 2007

Hi list,

I am struggeling with a filemount issue in a custom workspace:

I have created a custom draft workspace and two different backend user
groups for users to create and edit the content. The user groups have
different file mounts assigend and have only access to the draft
workspace and not the LIVE workspace.

The problem I have now, is that no file mount is shown if I am logged in
as a user of one of the two groups. I figured out, that assigning a
filemount to the custom workspace shows this filemounts for the users.
The assigned filemounts of the user groups are not considered or merged
with the filemounts of the workspace, so I can only create a new
workspace for every group with different file mounts - which is in my
opinion a conceptual error of the workspace mechanism?

Concerning this issue I found some discussion in the english mailinglist
 [1] and an entry in the bugtracker [2].

Is it really the way to go for creating different file mounts in a
custom draft workspace? Did I miss something in the concept?

Best regards
patrick

[1] http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2006-May/025099.html
[2] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3486