[TYPO3] searching for a good tutorial on tt_news

J.Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Thu Dec 6 13:18:52 CET 2007

Dear Cate & Abhijit,

Thank a lot for your kind responses.

The good news is, yes the GOOD NEWS :-) is I have finally managed to
generate the tt_news driven wewbsite.
The only problem which I am facing now is the news category is not
coming in the news creation page. I have already created two news
categories and  I can see those when I go to the list view of the
Archive sys-folder. But I can't get those categories in the new news
creation page. I am using the lates  typo3 with the latest tt_news 2.5.0.

any clue ?

thanks

> Hi Joydeep
>

>> I am afraid to say that I'm unable to fully understand the tt_news
>> tutorial given at typo3.org. I have followed the tutorial with out any
>> success. ( I am using the typo3-4.0)
>>

> Yes the tt_news extension is a little confusing for newbies, I know - I find
> it confusing at times still, and I wouldn't say I am a newbie still ...
> although maybe I am :)
>
> You really need to take it very slowly, step by step, through the manual.
> Read a step, and do it ... read the next step. It isn't presented like that,
> but if you read a paragraph and then do what it is talking about, you will
> learn how it works.
>
> That was what I had to do in the end, because it isn't really self-evident.
>

> Cate Deans Smith

Joydeep Bakshi, Linux System Admin
Kolkatainfoservices Pvt Ltd,
23A Royd Street, Kolkata 700016, India