[TYPO3] Removing the meta "generator" from header

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Dec 5 10:38:59 CET 2007

Hi!

Claudio Strizzolo wrote:
> What I don't like, and would like to avoid, is to show the VERSION of
> TYPO3 through which the pages were built, basically for security reasons:
> imagine that I have used a version of TYPO3 that later is discovered to
> be buggy about security, and I haven't had time to update yet. If the
> code of the pages shows the version of the software, this could be an
> hint for malicious people trying to force my system: they might be aware
> that my web server is using a buggy software and trying to break it.
> Up to now, TYPO3 has looked solid as a rock to me, but who knows what
> might happen in the future? Bugs happen.
> For instance, I find absolutely reasonable that the administrative login
> page (http://mysite.org/typo3/) does not display the version of TYPO3 in
> use, for the very same reason.

Now I got it :) Sorry for my misunderstanding :(

Your arguments are very reasonable. At the moment you cannot disable generator meta by configuration but this feature can be added. Do you think making it

is more secure? This what Apache has, it can report full version or just say "Server: Apache". We can do the same I think.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team