[TYPO3] Typo3 URL's & PHP

a at aaronabramson.com a at aaronabramson.com
Fri Aug 31 18:10:43 CEST 2007

Greetings,

I have spent a good portion of the last week trying to wrap my mind
around Typo3 and try to get it to do what I need it to do.

Background:  We need to manage several hundred login pages for wi-fi
hotspots.  All need to be unique, and contain special login forms for
RADIUS authentication.  All have the same layout/template.

I have typo set up, and was able to get the template working via the
tutorials.  Now here is where I am running into problems.

Clean URLS:  I've tried getting the realURL extension to work, but
have failed.  I took a look at CoolURI, but that requires php5, and we
are unable to upgrade php on our server at this time.    When I set
the controller gateway for the hotspot to use the typo3 page, the
controller gateway adds a string of variables.  IE
http://domain.com/typo3install/index.php?id=18?UI=022eec&UIP=192.168.16.254&SSID= etc...   This causes a
loop.

http://domain.com/typo3install/index.php?id=18   is the login page
?UI=022eec&UIP=192.168.16.254&SSID=...   is added automatically by the
controller gateway

Any suggestions on how to clean up the url so it is more like:
http://domain.com/typo3install/login/?UI=022eec&UIP=192.168.16.254&SSID=

Second, php includes:  I'm having difficulties getting any form of php
content inclusion to work.  The form for the radius login info needs
to grab certain info for insertion.  It grabs both the info provided
by the control gateway in the "GET" string
(?UI=022eec&UIP=192.168.16.254&SSID=...) but also the hostname
information of the user.

In my search for a CMS, typo3 has appeared to be the only one even
close enough to do what we need it to do.  But as I actually attempt
to implement it, I'm hitting these walls.   Am I overly optimistic
that typo3 will do what we need it to do, and what can I do to get
past these issues?

Thank you,
~Aaron Abramson