[TYPO3] problem with domain records

Brian Bendtsen nightowl at galnet.dk
Fri Aug 31 10:21:08 CEST 2007

Andreas Becker skrev:
> Hi Brian
>
> You are probably talking about two different places where  to enter doain
> records!
>
> External URL is using the from Brian mentioned TYPE field - here you enter
> sub.domain.tld
>
> I guess Dimitry is talking about the DomainRecord Formular and here you have
> to enter
>
> sub.domain.tld
>
> but if you redirect this somain somewhere else you have to fill in the
> redirectfield the complete URL including http://
>
> i.e
> sub.domain.tld
> redirect to: http://sub.whatevercomeshere.tld
>
> Its unfortunately not a consistency in TYPO3 that sometimes you need the
> http and sometimes not. It would be better to do it always the same way!
> Probably a feature request to build up a standard on how to enter a domain.
> Best would be if each domainrecord field - even in extension - would have a
> similar feature like for the extrenalURL
>

> Andi

Hi Andi

I have created 5 domain records 5 different places in my site tree and
if I enter one of these in my browsers address field it works. Im not
using the redirect field of the domain records.

My problem is when I enter my site using an adresse like sub.domain.com
I cant navigate to pages with other domain records like sub1.domain.com.

I was then recommended to use the external URL page type but it makes no
difference.

/BB