[TYPO3] Multilanguage navigation and language menu work but content doesn't change

Matthew Huggett mjlhuggett at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:34:31 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have a site in Japanese and English which I am building using templavoila.
The language menu and main navigation are working, but the page
content doesn't change when the language changes. I've looked around,
read various email threads and documentation, but I'm still not sure
where to look for the cause of the problem.

I have set up a website language for my second language (ID = 1).

Here are the relevant bits of my template:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.10 = USER
page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page

# Setup default language: Japanese
config.linkVars = L
config.uniqueLinkVars = 1
config.sys_language_uid = 0