[TYPO3] RTEs strip <p> tags -- how can we disable this 'feature' ?

Andrew Davis andrew at avagraphique.com
Wed Aug 29 16:10:32 CEST 2007

ah, upon closer inspection, it looks like tiny rte is not saving <p>
tags into the database, so that when the content renders out it is
actually displaying correctly.... Turning rte off showed the raw text
from the database. i was able to enter <p> tags manually this way and it
renders correctly in tt_address, so I guess the issue is with rte... i
will keep looking...

my issues revolve around ie6 (doent they all?!):

in FF i can enter soem text in rte and use <br/> tags to separate the
paragraphs no problem. If i attempt to apply some formatting to a
paragraph, lke indent (blockquote) it correctly inserts the <blockquote>
tags ariund the paragraph i highlight.

if i do the exact same thing in IE, it aplies the blockquote to the
entire body of text, not just what i highlight....

this inconsistency is driving me nuts! and the client refuses to switch
to ff. :-(

andrew