[TYPO3] RealURL or CoolURI

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 15:10:30 CEST 2007

Hi.

I am having a hard time configuring the URL parsing for my site.

I have a site with two domains in two languages. One domain for each
language. It is a "one page tree solution" so both domains points to the
same ID in the tree.

Mosts examples on how to work with several domains shows how to point
each domain to different ID's in the page tree.

And most examples on how to work with several languages shows how to
create a localization on just one domain.

I would like to achieve that each language is assigned to one domain
each. My my case: danish for "domain.dk" and English for "domain.com".

The URLs should reflect this in a logic way. Meaning that:

domain.dk/en/page.html should always be shown as domain.com/page.html

So far I have learned that I my setup will consist of the following.

1. Some 301 redirection in .htaccess

2. Correct Typo Script language setup

3. Correct RealURL or CoolURI setup

So far I have not been able to get it work with RealURL so I am thinking
about trying CoolURI.

Now for my questions:

1. Will CoolURI be able to do the task?
2. Will CoolURI have support for future extensions?

And finally I would like a comment on my .htaccess setup. I have added
the following but it has absolutely no effect?

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain.dk/en\.com [nc]
RewriteRule (.*) http://domain.com/$1 [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain.com/dk\.com [nc]
RewriteRule (.*) http://domain.dk/$1 [R=301,L]

All comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
/Morten