[TYPO3] Localization problem

Sune Brodersen Sune at talefod.dk
Tue Aug 28 11:52:58 CEST 2007

Hi List,

I trying to implement alternative languages in my website, but it dosent seem to work correctly. Everything seems to work fine in the backend, and i can log in and translate a normal textelement, with header and text. This seems to work just fine, but the problem is that when i display the page in the frontend, only the header is translatet. The text is taken from the original language, even though there are a correct translation.

I have done the following:

1. Created a alternative language at my pageroot (danish)
2. Added the following to my TS template:

//language config:
config.linkVars = L

config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = en
config.locale_all = english

[globalVar = GP:L=1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = dk
config.locale_all = dk_DK
[GLOBAL]

3: Added the following lines in my TemplaVoila DS (if I understand correct, this is only relevent for the backend):
  <langChildren type="integer">1</langChildren>
  <langDisable type="integer">1</langDisable>

As you can see the language setup seems to work (i get the translated HEADER) if i append the &L=1 in the URL, but the maincontent is not shown. This is the TS i have in the TemplaVoila DS:

    <TypoScript><![CDATA[
 10= RECORDS
 10.source.current=1
 10.tables = tt_content
 10.wrap = <!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> | <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end-->
                    ]]></TypoScript>

Is anything missing here (thats my theory)? I have just used the default setup created by the wizard.

Best Regards
Sune Brodersen