[TYPO3] is the print (type=98) view incompatible with templavoila?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 01:12:59 CEST 2007

On 8/24/07, Christopher Torgalson <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> On 8/24/07, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] <dmitry at typo3.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > In any case if you use TemplaVoila, you should use its own print
> > feature, not type 98.
>

> Unfortunately, the FTB manual shows a pretty primitive way to do this
> with TS. I'd like to propose that the doc be altered to use the
> following TS instead (Dmitry--are you also the FTB maintainer? If so,
> I can add this as a feature request to the bugtracker):
>
> lib.print_url = TEXT
> lib.print_url {
>         typolink {
>                 parameter {
>                         field = uid
>                 }
>                 addQueryString = 1
>                 addQueryString {
>                         method = GET
>                 }
>                 additionalParams = &print=1
>                 no_cache = 1
>         }
> }
> [globalVar = GP:print > 0]
>         lib.print_url {
>                 typolink {
>                         additionalParams >
>                         addQueryString.exclude  = no_cache,print
>                         no_cache = 0
>                 }
>         }
> [global]

Replying to myself: I forgot to mention that the reason the FTB method
is primitive--and, I would guess, the reason the TV method is not more
widely used--is because it doesn't work with extensions that
manipulate the url such as tt_news etc. The above TS works perfectly
well with such extensions.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/