[TYPO3] where is each extension used?

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:56:08 CEST 2007

John 'Tux' Nielsen schrieb:
> grep -il ext_name /path/typo3/sites/*/typo3conf/localconf.php

in localconf.php you only can see whether an extension is installed.
each extension existing in .../typo3conf/ext but not mentioned in
localconf.php is available but not installed. This you can see also in
the extensionmanager view: 'install extension': these extension got
another icon than the installed.

but you don't know whether an extension is installed but not used. I
think this was the question of Bing Du.

and this can be a very delicate question. You can use an extension in
very differnt ways.
* just include as library for other extensions
* FE-plugin
* BE-plugin
* just database enhancement
     :
(see kickstarter for some more options)

with FE-plugins you have a chance (not 100%!)
if you look in the object-browser you can search for the extension-key
(press search-button twice!)

if the extensionkey appears the extension is configured to be used. it
may be not used anyway.

another approach: have a look in the table tt_content and select all
records containing a value in the field plugin.
deselect hidden and deleted records and you know about some extensions
which are realy used. (here you see the plugin-name not the extension key)

that's all like: try to deinstall the extension and look whether your
page continue running. (trial and error)

Bernd

> On 8/22/07, Bing Du <bdu at iastate.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Typo3 4.0.6
>>
>> We use one database and one single tree to manage multiple sites.  We've
>> installed quite a few extensions.  Is there any way to tell which
>> extension is used where?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bing

Bernd