[TYPO3] howto setup cron task for direct mail extension

Bram de Leeuw beterbram at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:26:23 CEST 2007

Thanks Jean-Baptiste,

I've got it working now!

The problem was that I had no clue about what so called cron tasks are. After reading on fora and consulting my hosting provider the mail system is working perfectly.
I the last mail from this list I read something about the latest version of direct mail being awesome. I will definatly check it out soon!

Bram.> Hello,> You just have to put this line in /etc/crontab.> You can find more information about your specific distribution > configuration by consulting cron 's man, just type "man crontab".> Jean-Baptiste > Bram de Leeuw wrote:> >  > > Dear list recipients,I> > have the direct mail extension set up and running. Sending the mails> > works perfect as long as I manually invoke the mailer engine. But now I> > want to use the mailer cron task. Since I have a recipient-list of over> > 1600 subscribers and don't want to choke the receiving server (all> > subscribers are members of a school, so they are all on the same mail> > server) it is necessary to send the mails per 45 mails per 30 minutes.The things I don't understand from the extension manual is where to put the following line:> > */5 * * * * /home/....../public_html/typo3conf/ext/direct_mail/mod/dmailerd.phpcron> /dev/null> > It seems as if the writer of the manual assumes you to know but I> > don't. And also I can't find this information anywhere! On every> > tutorial or message board I checked nobody states where to insert the> > above line.Any help is greatly appreciated! Bram de Leeuw.