[TYPO3] PHP scripts to make custom menus

lokisapocalypse typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
Tue Aug 21 19:56:49 CEST 2007

Is it possible in typo3 to use a PHP script to create a menu? For example, suppose I have directory LEVEL0. Then inside LEVEL0 I have directories LEVEL1-A, LEVEL1-B, and LEVEL1-C. Suppose that LEVEL1-A and LEVEL1-B have 10 subpages each and that LEVEL1-C has only 5 subpages. I want to generate a table-like menu that will look similar to the following:

LEVEL1-A                                        LEVEL1-B                               LEVEL1-C
link a                    link f                     link a                   link f            link a
link b                    link g                    link b                   link g           link b
link c                    link h                    link c                   link h           link c
link d                    link i                     link d                   link i            link d
link e                    link j                     link e                   link j            link e

So even though LEVEL1-A and LEVEL1-B have more links, it looks balanced. While I don't think that it is possible to achieve this with TypoScript, I think it might be possible with PHP and userfunc. Am I correct in assuming this ?