[TYPO3] Bug? Using UTF-8, 'Ä' in template.constants: Error 102!

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Tue Aug 21 16:19:13 CEST 2007

Hi Karsten,

thank you very much for your very good explanations. On Mon, 20 Aug
2007 10:09:36 +0300, Karsten Dambekalns  wrote:

>We start *all* sites with pure UTF-8 now.
>As soon as DB and PHP and the content behave well together, no further
>problems are to be expected.
That's really good news.

>A SET NAMES 'x'  statement is equivalent to these three statements:
>  SET character_set_client = x;
>  SET character_set_results = x;
>  SET character_set_connection = x;
>
>A SET CHARACTER SET x statement is equivalent to these three statements:
>  SET character_set_client = x;
>  SET character_set_results = x;
>  SET collation_connection = @@collation_database;

Hhm, I have to admit I don't really get it. What does
 SET collation_connection = @@collation_database;
mean? This line seems to make the difference.

The collation of the database is "utf8_general_ci". Do you understand
what "collation_connection" means?

An why and how does this affect just the data in the BLOBs
sys_template.constants and sys_template.config but not
tt_content.bodytext?

have a nice day

Martin