[TYPO3] What is object for menu/sitemap (type) Menu of subpages to these pages???

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Mon Aug 20 21:03:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

Ok well a few things - the site map would be tt_content.menu.20.2 (not
tt_content.menu.20.1)

And yes your right the menu item has several item - the same number as
are in the menu items in the BE - as one would expect. So to find what
value your menu item is you could look at the frame source when editing
the menu content item in the BE, and then use the TSOB to adjust it...
or just look for the relevant wrapping.

The wrapping you mention is for the menu type subpages to these pages -
therefore it will only go one level deep (as expected and as is shown in
the TSOB). But it does have the value tt_content.menu.20.1.target =
page!  Why don't you just put this line into your template setup

tt_content.menu.20.1.target >

BTW - tsref is not a guide to tt_content - it is a reference to all the
properties available via TS.

tt_content is just something *MADE* with TS, that the CMS knows how to
'deal' with... Same what that tt_content.menu.20 or lib.stdHeader is
defined or made with TS.  Which is why you can't find the definitions of
what each of the menu items are, and nor should you! They could be
anything, anything that any author with knowledge of TS could make them
be... it just so happens that the extension author of what ever you are
using to render the CMS content with chose to define them as such.

Hth
Tyler