[TYPO3] RealURL question - best fix?

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Sat Aug 18 19:46:34 CEST 2007

Hi Edwin,

Edwin Blokker wrote on 18.08.2007 11:52:
> I've been getting postVarSet errors when I'm NOT logged in the BE and
> when trying to visit pages deep in the page tree. Today, I found out
> that adding:
>
> 'disablePathCache' => '1',
>
> to my realurl config seems to solve the problem. However, I found out
> that instead of adding 'disablePathCache, adding:
>
> 'firstHitPathCache' =>'1',
>
> Also seems to solve the problem. My question is, which one of these is
> best to go with as a fix? Performance wise maybe?

IMO "firstHitPathCache" should have the lesser performance impact.

Your problem is probably related to two issues already reported in the
bugtracker [1,2] (which seem related). I've written written a patch for the
second issue, that needs a little improvement performance-wise.

Regards
Thorsten

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2402
[2] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5404