[TYPO3] Can't get sr_email_subscribe to work

Gary Wong gary.wong at spingroup.com
Fri Aug 17 18:10:33 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I can't seem to get sr_email_subscribe to work correctly.  I fill out
the subscription form page, then get to the verify info page.  Then when
I hit submit, I am brought back to the subscription form page.

Here are my steps:

Using the latest in all extensions and typo 4.1.2:

   1. Installed sr_feuser_register, tt_address, static_info_tables, and
      sr_email_subscribe
   2. Followed documentation:
         1. Added Email Address Subscription CSS-styled to static
            templates in my template
         2. Created a system folder to store subscriber records
         3. Created a page (id=53) ; inserted the Email Address
            Subscription plugin, set the CODE to CREATE, and the
            Starting Point to the System Folder made in step #2. Set the
            TS template constant registerPID, confirmPID and editPID to
            the page id of just-created-page.
         4. I left alone formFields and requiredFields just to keep
            things simple (defaults).  Actually, I tried setting
            "requiredFields" to just First name lastname and email but
            it would still make birthday required
   3. Went to the page (53), got the subscription form and filled it
      out.  Interestingly enough, I see the "name" box with missing
      markers - this happens for both the CSS-styled and old-style
      templates.  I have the same issue whether or not I fill out this
      field.
         1. I am then taken to the "verify the information" page.  The
            submit button has no label to it, it's just a blank button.
            No problem, I figure I can hunt that problem down somewhere
            in the language files.
         2. I press that submit button, but am taken back to the
            subscription form page.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thank you for any help,
Gary