[TYPO3] Bug? Using UTF-8, 'Ä' in template.constants: Error 102!

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Fri Aug 17 00:52:56 CEST 2007

Karsten,

you're right!

>Remove the set character set, leave only the set names, try again.

I tried and it works! Can't believe it. 1000 thanks to you!

And I'm wondering and thinking and reasoning: Everybody else seems to
be using the 'set character set' directive as well. Aren't they having
problems? I don't really have much trust in using all UTF-8. Are there
more pitfalls to come? Will there be major problems with extensions?

>Worked for me, multiple times.

Great.  That's encouraging.

>After reading mysql docs a few times it
>even seems to be the logical and correct solution.

I even have been to a bookshop and read about it. Now I think I didn't
get it right. Do you have a link to online documentation? I just
googled for it but drowned in irrelevant information.

If I arrive at a clear picture I'll be happy to post a summary here.

Martin