[TYPO3] Bug? Using UTF-8, 'Ä' in template.constants: Error 102!

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Thu Aug 16 18:04:17 CEST 2007

(English again, better for this group ;-)

Hallo Andreas [Becker]:

>Wir suchen auch gerade nach dem Problem, das existiert seitdem wir auf
>4.1.2upgedated haben

That's a valuable information! Too bad the problem exists but I'm
delightet I'm not the only one.

>Woran es liegt wisen wir noch nicht. Wir konnten den Fehler jedoch auf
>verschiedenen System reproduzieren.
>Bei uns kommt es zudem danach zu einem Komplettausstieg im Backend, d.h. da
>verschwinden auf einmal saemtliche Icons aus derlinken Spalte mit den
>Modulen und er Admin wird als (,)  dargestellt. Man darf sich noch ausloggen
>- das geht :-)

I suspect these are just follow up symptoms of a single basic error.

In my case I observed another strange effect:  tx_automaketemplate
didn't  work and produce output while there were non ascii characters
in the template file. What's that?

>Database laeuft auf INNODB, utf8_general_ci, komplett alles UTF8 eingestellt

same here

>wir benutzen iconv - daran liegt es wohl nicht.

Ok, good to know..

>wir benutzten die utf8  set - Einstellungen von cbstarter von Michael
>Cannonbose.

Interesting. Didn't know this extension.

I too had done a lot of searching to find out why my UTF-8
installation didn't work allright. Most important: the 'setDBinit'
settings. These two links stand out of the crowd and are very
valuable. Yes, one is an essay by you:

Howto by Daniel Pötzinger, 2006-11-13, (german):
http://www.typo3-media.com/blog/article/utf8-and-typo3-updated.html

Very helpful, Andreas Becker, 2007-07-21, (german)::
http://www.nabble.com/CoolUri---SQL-engine-parse-ERROR-tf4113348.html#a11723110

Please let us know if you find out more. I'll do the same. We should
file a bug report as soon as possible.

Bye,
Martin