[TYPO3] acronyms screw up (solved)

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Thu Aug 16 17:14:31 CEST 2007

>> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:25:00 -0500 (CDT), Bing Du wrote:
>>
>>> But acronyms still looked right on the back end.  Every time when it
>>> happened, we had to redo all the acronyms.
>>>
>>> When it worked right, the page source should be '<abbr title="some
>>> department">some department</abbr>' and the web page should have 'some
>>> department' as unit.
>>>
>>> Any idea what might have caused the problem?
>>
>> That sounds like the <abbr> Tag wouldn't be allowed by RTE? So add it to
>> your RTE, so that it doesn't get replaced.
>> --
>> br Matthias
>
> Well, RTE (htmlArea RTE 1.4.4) we use does recognize the <abbr> tag
> because  when the acronyms were first created, they worked fine.  And
> <abbr> is listed in allowTags in the page typoscript configuration.
>
> RTE.default {
>    proc {
>       allowTags = table, tbody, tr, th, td, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, div,
> p, br, span, ul, ol, li, pre, blockquote, strong, em, b, i, u, sub,
> sup, strike, a, link, img, nobr, hr, center, font, tt, q, cite,
> abbr, acronym
>    }
> }
>
> Only when the table content was modified, all the acronyms lost their
> effectiveness right away.  The problem has been reported by two different
> web editors.  I switched to their accounts and tried their operations in
> the same web browser they used, but I was not able to replicate the
> problem.   Weird.
>
> Bing

I did more testing.  Finally it turned out the problem occurred in IE 7.
 Firefox doesn't screw up the acronyms.  Even though abbr and acronym both
are defined as allowed tags in TSConfig in the page properties, I had to
add the following two lines in the site's template setup to prevent IE
from screwing up acronyms.

lib.parseFunc.allowTags = table, tbody, tr, th, td, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5,
h6, div, p, br, span, ul, ol, li, pre, blockquote, strong, em, b, i, u,
sub, sup, strike, a, link, img, nobr, hr, center, font, tt, q, cite, abbr,
acronym

lib.parseFunc_RTE.allowTags = table, tbody, tr, th, td, h1, h2, h3, h4,
h5, h6, div, p, br, span, ul, ol, li, pre, blockquote, strong, em, b, i,
u, sub, sup, strike, a, link, img, nobr, hr, center, font, tt, q, cite,
abbr, acronym

Anybody know why?

Thanks,

Bing