[TYPO3] remembering language choice with a cookie

Nico Potvin nico.potvin at kandesign.com
Thu Aug 16 16:38:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have been looking around in the lists and extensions, but couldn't
find a solution or method.

I have a typo3 4.1.2 multilanguage site which starts with a choose
your language page.

Is there a way to set a cookie on this page so the browser can
remember what the user last language choice was.

my menu is setup like this:

www.domain.com (shortcut to firstsubpage)
	- language chooser (not in menu)
	- homepage
	- menuitem1
	- etc...

The behaviour should be: user visits the site for the first time and
enters via www.domain.com page and gets redirected to the language
chooser page, chooses its language and a cookie is stored in the
clients browser.
The next time the user visits the page, he/she enters via
www.domain.com and jumps directly to the homepage in the correct
language(bypassing the language chooser page)

I tried with the ja_default_language extension, but now manual was
available and so no logic behind the bahaviour.

anyone who knows how to do this, or what the common typo3 way is to
solve such a problem?

greets

nico

--