[TYPO3] acronyms screw up

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Thu Aug 16 16:29:14 CEST 2007

> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:25:00 -0500 (CDT), Bing Du wrote:
>
>> But acronyms still looked right on the back end.  Every time when it
>> happened, we had to redo all the acronyms.
>>
>> When it worked right, the page source should be '<abbr title="some
>> department">some department</abbr>' and the web page should have 'some
>> department' as unit.
>>
>> Any idea what might have caused the problem?
>
> That sounds like the <abbr> Tag wouldn't be allowed by RTE? So add it to
> your RTE, so that it doesn't get replaced.
> --
> br Matthias

Well, RTE (htmlArea RTE 1.4.4) we use does recognize the <abbr> tag
because  when the acronyms were first created, they worked fine.  And
<abbr> is listed in allowTags in the page typoscript configuration.

RTE.default {
   proc {
      allowTags = table, tbody, tr, th, td, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, div,
p, br, span, ul, ol, li, pre, blockquote, strong, em, b, i, u, sub,
sup, strike, a, link, img, nobr, hr, center, font, tt, q, cite,
abbr, acronym
   }
}

Only when the table content was modified, all the acronyms lost their
effectiveness right away.  The problem has been reported by two different
web editors.  I switched to their accounts and tried their operations in
the same web browser they used, but I was not able to replicate the
problem.   Weird.

Bing