[TYPO3] How to show content from parent page to all subpages

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed Aug 15 13:17:27 CEST 2007

>>> Not necessary anymore.
>>> It's part of the core now.
>>> Check TSref for CONTENT => slide:
>>> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/8/9/
>>>

>>> But in this case pidInList might be the better choice, since slide
>>> only works, if there is no content for the current page at all.
>>>
>>> You can create a COA array to display the default content before the
>>> content of the page itself::
>>>
>>> temp.mycontent = COA
>>> temp.mycontent {
>>>     10 = CONTENT
>>>     10 {
>>>         table = tt_content
>>>         select {
>>>             pidInList.data = leveluid:2
>>>             # or any other level instead of 2
>>>             # depends on the level of the parent pages
>>>         }
>>>     }
>>>     20 < styles.content.get
>>> }
>>

> So, as I see this solution used marks. Is any solution for this
>
> parent page
>     child page 001
>     child page 100
>
> So I nee to set TS code to parent page for display all content from
> parent to child pages

This solution doesn't use any marks. I just used "temp.mycontent" because I
don't know your TS structure.
In fact it's just vice versa: You set the code for the subpages, to have
them fetch the content from a lower level.
You just have to set the correct level (corresponding to your "parent page")

If your parent page is on level1 it will look like this:

temp.mycontent = COA
temp.mycontent {
    10 = CONTENT
    10 {
        table = tt_content
        select {
            pidInList.data = leveluid:1
            # or any other level instead of 1
            # depends on the level of the parent pages
        }
    }
    20 < styles.content.get
}

and to make sure the content won't be doubled for the level1 pages:

[treeLevel = 0,1]
temp.mycontent.10 >
[global]

You can even make it dynamically fetch content from any parent page if you
use negative levels:

temp.mycontent = COA
temp.mycontent {
    10 = CONTENT
    10 {
        table = tt_content
        select {
            pidInList.data = leveluid:-2
        }
    }
    20 < styles.content.get
}

but this would work for all sub-subpages as well, and they would fetch the
content from their parent page. So I guess the better solution will be using
positive level values.

HTH

Joey